PRAYER FOR THE 45TH /10TH BIENNIAL CONFERENCE
On this 21st day of the 75 people prayer warfare and fasting for 75 days (July 28 – October 10) let us thank God for the Methodist Church Nigeria Conference scheduled to hold from 3-10 October, 2016, in Abuja. The church is marching on and the gate of hell will not prevail. Let us arise and pray. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb in Jesus name. Take a day and pray along. Watch out for more prayer guide.
Let us pray for our church and the Conference in Abuja using the words of John Wesley, O Lord, start with me and Give us one hundred preachers and leaders (Conference members) that fear nothing but sin, and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of heaven on Earth.
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain. (Psalm 127:1)
- Pray that the Lord will pour his Holy Spirit out on the conference in full measure.
- Pray that this conference is not just a “thousand tongues” but an assembly that empowers the Methodist Church Nigeria to be more aggressive and united in evangelism and church planting.
- Pray that the work of the planning committee will be for God’s glory and not its own: that it will help unite God’s ethnically and culturally diverse family and nation.
And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:47)
- Pray that the conference will provide a safe and welcoming space for all to share their stories, connect with God, and be the body of Christ together – a model of renewal in Nigeria
- Pray to God for safe trip for all international delegates and local members from the north, south, east, and west to participate in the conference.
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all people. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. (1 Corinthians 12:4–7)
- Pray for God’s generous and hospitable Spirit to encourage people to give their time, talent, and treasure in support of the conference. Remember archdiocese of Abuja in your prayers.
- Pray for every aspect of the conference and our leadership – the prelate, Secretary of Conference and his administrative team, every speaker, every singer, logistics, workshops, publicity, budget, weather, every attendee, Ministerial/lay sessions, and security.
- Pray that every effort pleases God and builds up his church for the common good and revival.
Because there is one loaf, we who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf. (1 Corinthians 10:27)
- Pray for the unity of the church and love among members.