The Rt. Rev. Dr. Ayodeji Okegbile, ardent scholar and writer, a Nigerian Methodist Bishop is with oversight to the Nigerian Methodist Mission in UK/Ireland.
He is also the Minister-in-charge of Askew Road Church (Methodist & United Reformed) in the Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham Circuit, London, United Kingdom.
WORTHY IS THE LAMB!
He served as the pioneer Chaplain, State House Chapel, Lagos House, Marina, Lagos State, Nigeria. He was formerly the Minister-in-charge of Rainham and Aveley Methodist local churches, Romford circuit, London district and the Conference Editor/Editor Methodist News, official organ, Methodist Church Nigeria. He was the pioneer Presiding Chaplain, Chapel of Christ the Light (Interdenominational) Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
He holds Bachelor of Art (Ed) Fine Art, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo; Masters of Arts degree (Visual Art), University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Diploma in Theology, Methodist Theological Institute, Sagamu; Master of Art degree in Leadership, Renewal, and Mission; and Doctor of Philosophy (Missiology, Ecumenical and Wesleyan Studies), University of Manchester (Cliff College), United Kingdom. His PhD is on ‘Missional Unity in the Nigerian Context.’
He is a member of the Wesleyan Theological Society, British and Irish Association of Mission Studies, International Association of Mission Studies, Evangelical Alliance, and Society of Ecumenical Studies, United Kingdom.
He is a member Nigerian Institute of Public Relations. He is in vanguard of Church renewal and reawakening. He is the facilitator of the Methodist Praying Partners and Ecumenicare – Echo of Oneness.
Among his publications are:
- Christ in you
- Jesus Welcomes you – A handbook for Christians
- The Fear of John Wesley – A call to Methodist Reawakening
- Evangelism in the New Millennium – A reawakening to Methodist Reawakening.
- Stop the Funeral: Reverse Methodists Decline- A Prayer Guide.
- Methodist Pentecost Again: Wanted: 100 Preachers for Revival of Holiness.
- Missional Leadership for Repositioning Nigerian Methodism.
- Revival of Preaching: ‘Juvenility’ to Maturity of Faith and Preachers.
- Worthy is the Lamb: Hope Beyond this Present Age.
- Billy Graham: An Inspiration to Christian Preachers and Ecumenism Today.
- Daniel’s Worship: A Guide to National Revival and Renewal.
- As in the days of Noah – A reawakening call to Christians and the church age
- Healing of the Land- A call to Nigerian-Rebirth
- Birthing through prayers – Power to release God in you
- Wesley’s Kingdom Principles for Methodist Repositioning – Reawakening to the church prophetic agenda and destiny
- Nigerian Methodists year of Jubilee and 170 years of the Church in Nigeria – Uniting Nigerian Christians in 24 hours Ecumenical Intercessory prayers.
The Rt. Rev. Dr. Deji Okegbile and his wife, Abimbola, a Social Care Worker, facilitates a Widow, Old People and Orphan Foundation in their home town, Osu, Osun State, Nigeria, and they are blessed with children.